August 3, 2012

Cycle 3: Day 12

Okay, so this may not be the-most-incredible-news-on-the-face-of-the-planet news, but it’s good and it’s happy!
I went into my dr. appointment today.  It’s day 12 of my cycle and they did an ultrasound of my ovaries to see how fast my follicles have been growing (like I mentioned before, the doctors want them to measure between a 12 & 15).  During the last two cycles the highest a follicle ever got was a 9, but they mostly stayed in the 6/7 area (and that was being checked on day 16-20 of my cycle).
Well today is only day 12 which means I’ve still got some time to go…
and today my follicle measured
A 10!!!!!
WAHOOOOO!!!!
It’s not a 12 or a 15, but still – a 10 is MUCH better than a 6, especially at this point in the cycle!
I don’t think I’ve really digested that news until now.
I feel AWESOME!
I did that!  My follicle hit a 10!
There’s hope!
My body is responding!
I’m not failing!
It’s working! (even just a little bit)
YIPEEE!!
I’m so excited!
BEST. DAY. EVER!! (okay – well, it’s closer than many other days)
What’s next?  Well, we wait until Tuesday when I go back in for another ultrasound (meh).  Hopefully by then they’ll have matured to at least a 12.  After that – well, it’s up to the doctors, but assuming things go well we wait for nature to take it’s course and hope for the best.
So here’s what I need you to do: Send good vibes our way!  Regardless of what happens, we know that Heavenly Father’s watching out for us and we’re trying to trust in His time table.  But asking for extra help and for peace and understanding won’t hurt either so any prayers for us to whomever you believe in is appreciated.
We’re totally hopeful that this could be the month (and totally freaking out too – but then again, what sane person doesn’t freak out at the thought of becoming a parent!).  We’re trying not to let our fears take over and instead remain hopeful.  All I know is that right now I am so incredibly grateful.  I don’t know if I could have handled another month of complete disappointment.  Again, even if I don’t get pregnant this month, this news is better than any of the news since we’ve started this journey and I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment